Journey to Mykonos
Rodos, Symi, Tilos, Kos, Kalymnos, Leros, Patmos, Amargos, Naxos, Ikeria, Мikanos, Astypalaia, Nysiros,
Sun, white beaches untouched by civilization, life and traditions of the ethnic group of tiny villages, well preserved ruins of ancient cities .... what else can be better than an adventure and fun ?! We invite you to join our sailing trip to the island of Mykonos and enjoy the relaxed and leisurely culture of the Aegean Sea , to visit the best of our selected local tavernas - try the delicious taste of the Greek islands
Our school is located in the south of the Aegean Sea, so you can start enjoying the refined and the unique taste of Greece, right away! If you are not a resident or citizen of the European Union to participate in the sailing trip you need a valid Schengen visa.
Drop anchor in a secluded cove and enjoy a relaxing holiday on a yacht, all the while learning to control a sailing yacht. Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate skipper IYT, which will allow you to take the Yacht charter all over the world. You can also learn about other licenses offered by IYT, which we offer in this section License.
Two weeks of sail training, trip to Mykonos - 1200 Euros. Bareboat Skipper License is an additional 200 Euros.
The entry and exit procedures for Turkey/Greece are an additional 100 Euros per person.
We require a 25% deposit in order to confirm your reservation. You will receive a confirmation form after your payment.
| Day 1 Marmaris or Sogut|
Our yachts are based in Beledediye Marina (located on the promenade). Arrive to the yacht and spend the night aboard in the Marina. You can also use the opportunity to do some shopping in the marina and stock up for your sailing trip. Arrival to the yacht is after 17:00. Students can settle in and decide on shopping/dinner plans. Exploring the city is a recommended activity for the evening. Wander in the narrow streets of the Old Town and enjoy the abundance of shops, cafes, clubs and bars offered in the Promenade!
| Day 2 Rodos or Symi |
On our first voyage we will sail to the picturesque island of Symi. After arriving in its cozy harbor, you can walk, or even squeeze through the narrow village streets and admire the houses, built in traditional Greek style, some of which are still inhabited by descendants of their builders. Visit a few local shops/cafes, in order to absorb the very special spirit and flavor of the place, as well as taking the time to interact with the people living on the island. In the evening we have dinner at our favorite local tavern..
| Day 3 Symi - Nisiros |
We make an early departure for the island of Nisiros. This small island boasts an active volcano and plenty of historical ruins to visit.
| Day 4 Nisiros - Kalymnos |
Next stop is the island of Kalymnos. Countless bays and coves cut into the island from all sides, making it a unique spot to anchor, surrounded by high cliffs. A popular place for sponge diving, residents still collect sponges daily.
| Day 5 Kalymnos - Leros |
The island of Leros boasts plenty of greenery and vegetation inland. Venetian-style architecture and an imposing ancient fortress look over the charming harbour; where our yacht will be moored for the night.
| Day 6 Leros - Patmos |
Patmos is a popular island for Christian pilgrimage, due to its association with Saint John and the Book of Revelation. The massive castle/monastery that overlooks the main port is also a UNESCO site and is well worth a visit. The island itself is small but very attractive: picturesque villages, many churches and an unforgettable landscape.
| Day 7-8 Patmos - Mykonos |
We either start very early or do an overnight passage (depending on weather) to our Western-most point of the trip, the popular island of Mykonos. The island is well known for its livid nightlife and white sand beaches, not to mention many historical places to visit. We will spend two days here, in order to properly explore this Greek paradise!
| Day 9 Mykonos - Naxos |
As we start our return trip, we sail to the formidable Naxos; the island is characterized by high mountains and plenty of vegetation. Famous for its wine and vegetables, Naxos, unlike most Greek islands, has its own water sources. After our arrival the the main harbor, enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of this beautiful island.
| Day 10 Naxos - Levitha |
Our next stop is the isolated island of Levitha, home to a thousand goats, 20 sheep, 3 donkeys and 5 humans. Here we will anchor in a secluded cove and be totally shut off from the modern world. Swim, hike and enjoy a dinner of fresh goat and fish at the small restaurant run by the only family living on the island.
| Day 11 Levitha - Astypalaia We sail on to the picturesque island of Astypalaia and moor in the cosy harbour of Skala. White-washed houses and narrow streets are looked over by a an historic fortress on the hill above the port. Off the beaten tourist track, here you can enjoy a peaceful dinner at the local tavernas. ||30 nm|
| Day 12 Astypalaia - Tilos |
An early departure for Tilos - a small island, where the tourist infrastructure only began developing a few years ago. Popular with backpackers. Tilos is abundant with wild beaches and lots of paths leading to the hidden corners of the island. The island is known for its kind and hospitable people.
| Day 13 Тilos - Rhodes |
We again leave early for our final passage back to Rhodes, where we finish our voyage and enjoy our collective farewell dinner. Students can either leave in the evening or stay overnight until Saturday morning.
| Day 13 Rhodes - Marmaris |
We again leave early for our final passage back to Marmaris, where we finish our voyage and enjoy our collective farewell dinner. Students can either leave in the evening or stay overnight until Saturday morning.
- You will stay on board the yacht for 14 nights in a typical two week program
- Our sailing yachts have 4 cabins plus an additional skippers’ cabin..
- We take a maximum of 6 people on one yacht
- We provide bed sheets, pillow covers and a towel for each person
- The crew of each sailing yacht will make a collective shopping and share costs equally. We can provide a suggested shopping list. People can decide on whether to cook on board or enjoy local delicacies in seaside restaurants. The Skipper/Instructor is fed at the crews’ expense.
- We stop in a different bay or island for each night. Our routes are published yearly and they will be either along the Turkish coast or Greek Islands depending on the particular week(s). You can browse through our routes here:( Program )
- In the morning, an optional tour/trek will be organized by the Skipper at 8:00 AM to visit a historical site or just enjoy nature. Theory is taught after breakfast (10:00-12:00)
- In our region, the wind usually picks up at around 12:00 PM, so we depart for our next location at around noon.
- After arrival to our destination (16:00-18:00), people will have free time until dinner. You may choose to swim, rest, study or go for a nature walk.
- Dinner is held at 19:30 and continues for a few hours as we enjoy the local cuisine and indulge in conversation. After dinner you may participate in playing games (cards, chess, etc.), listening to music or just enjoying nature…
- Saturday is check-in and meeting day. Our sailing yachts are located in Belediye Marina (Marmaris) or Mandraki (Rhodes) .You can check in anytime after 16:00 and settle on board.
- Our first briefing is held at approximately 17:00 and then we stock up on provisions. We have our first dinner together in the marina and afterwards people can explore the colorful night life!
- Sunday is our first day of sailing. We finish last minute shopping and start our voyage around noon.
- Our sailing tour ends Friday (1 or 2 weeks later); after 16:00. You may leave the yacht or stay one more night to enjoy the town. All Yachts have to be empty by 9:00 on Saturday morning to allow for cleaning and preparation for the next group.
Tags: Greek islands, greek islands sailing, greek islands tour, greek islands sailing tour, sailing tour, sailing vacation, rodos, symi, kos, amargos, naxos, Ikeria, Мykanos , Astypalaia, kalymnos, tilos, sailing training,